Monday, October 24, 2011

How I Learn

I am a visual learner through and through. I can remember taking a test in which I could see the page in the book where the answer was in my head but could not remember the text. I could even picture the exact part of the page where I could have found the answer. I have devoted my life to visuals. I concentrated in painting during college, became a visual arts teacher and know spend my spare time being a photographer. I find myself understand and remembering visual aids, such as graphic organizers more than the text. Sometimes I have to read text over and over again to fully comprehend what I have read. I usually make myself notes on the side to reinforce what I have read. As a teacher I try to incorporate as many different learning styles and multiple intelligence's into my lessons. For example, when introducing a new project in art I show images, have written directions projected to the class,  complete a demonstration and have a hands on warm up activity before the start of the final project.

1 comment:

  1. Join the majority of this class! So far only 2 auditory learners. I memorized everything in school. I still take a mental picture in my head to remember things. I love your image!

    ReplyDelete