Friday, June 22, 2012

Group Leadership Project

Click the image to view the presentation.



My group members and I used Google Presentation to produce our tutorial on Google Docs. We though that would be fitting and showcase more of what you can do with the application. What did I learn from this... Lesson 1: Always test your technology!   During the development process of this final product I found that Jing screencasts and Google Docs don't mix! We did not test this ahead of time and planned on using this as our way to display videos. We had to convert out Jing screencasts into youtube videos which was not an easy task either. I ended up using Snagit to re-record my videos so that they were youtube friendly. Snagit is a screen capturing application similar to Jing and created by the same company. I used a free trial to complete my part of the final presentation. The process took a lot more time than I anticipated to upload my videos. Which reinforces another lesson, Lesson 2: Allow extra time when using technology! When using technology you must always allow extra time. You never know what will happen. For instance, during the process of completing this final product I had to 1. Figure out the video situation as mentioned above. 2. Fix a microphone that wasn't recording sound. 3. Call my internet provided because I had no connection for 12 hours. 4 And finally I just recently had my electricity turned back on after a storm that happened yesterday afternoon. I am not listing these as an excuse for anything,  jut merely reinforcing the fact that you always allow yourself extra time to deal with the unexpected! If we were to take one this project again, I think one thing we could do differently is our communication. it is difficult with all three of us living in different time zones and people have other obligations, but more communication may have made things run a little smoother. Overall, I think everything went well and we successfully completed the project. Good Work Kirsten and Juan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment